Skip to main content

I don't and will never fit in....boo hoo (aka shemshepad)

Dahlings

How are you? I'm fine thanks.



Firstly, since I started working at my current place of employment I have realised that every time I start a sentence I say "so..."! My English teacher would be beside herself. My mother is probably turning in her grave!!! Fun fact: My mother was a language teacher and was very passionate about it.

Anyways... I digress.

So, I reread my previous post & I realised that although I needed to acknowledge that I am creative, one of the reasons I didn't want to say it out loud was because I feel like labels can be boxing (ah...finally I sound like a millennial). I am a lot of things which a lot of the time seem paradoxical (I had to double check the meaning of this word because I wanted to sound clever. Lolsies). My normal day job and qualification is business analysis & project management. I love it! I love all of it! I love that it scares me a lot of the time. I love that I feel out of my depth one hundred percent of the time when I am in meetings and analysing stuff. I. love. it.

My brain is very analytical, process and system driven....

But also very creative.

I love playing with words. I love a good pun. I love writing. I love the challenge of creating something - be it food, a blog, a vlog, public speaking and so on.

Do you know what I am realising as I type this? What I do at work is creating. If you think of a project, it starts with a trigger or a need. (I won't bore you with grave details about the project world don't worry) This trigger gives birth to finding a solution and implementing that solution. Often, the solution is something that the company did not have to begin with. It's creating a new world for a company.

So that's where my two worlds collide.

I love learning about technology & where it's going. I love discussions about current affairs, the economy, world events, history, cooking, baking, creating lip balms, make up, clothes, budgets, project plans, music and watching Gilmore girls. I also care very deeply about women's rights and justice.

The problem is that I seem to exist in a world where these two worlds are exactly that -  two worlds. I live in a space where I feel like I have one foot in one world and another foot in another world. It would seem that these two worlds can never co-exist. People in the creative space always say that people that work in a corporate environment are too stuck up and stiff, blah blah. People in corporate say to me that creatives are dirty with no ambition.
I say people are not two dimensional characters in a movie. We are diverse individuals but are too afraid (maybe?) to explore all corners of our individuality because of what the world will think. I think that's dumb.

Even with my friends, I find that I have a varied circle of friends because what feeds my soul is a million-different-dimensional (ooh that English, though). I am finally OK with that. I will never fit in with one group of people. I will not change to fit in with the world. I will make the world fit in with me.

Does all this self acceptance mean I am finally becoming an adult? Is being 33 the year that I fully adult? I like this space. I think I'll exist in it for a while.

I hope this thesis makes you think, accept and love yourself totally.

Be blessed.

XO
Stellah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating...the first installment

Dahlings It's been a while... Let me start by saying that I hate dating. Whenever I write a post about my dating life, please always remember and refer to the above statement. I have a friend of mine who once said "I wish we all had bar codes that only matches with your life partner. We will not waste each other's time, we will know immediately if it's the right person for us." How I wish that were the case. We are in the thick of COVID-19. I have been in lockdown for almost 4 weeks. I have had a lot of time to think and I've just woken to the realisation that I am 34. I don't feel bad about my age at all. I love the thirties. I feel like it's such a romantic age with myself. I'm digressing. This is not a post about the thirties. The reason why I decided to publish my age is that I always felt like I was 27 until I realised I was 34. You know what that means for us women....tick tock.... I was watching a clip of The View on YouTube ...

Suffering and Sacrifice.

Is it the same thing? Hi Dahlings How are you? I'm fine thanks. It's been a minute I know but life sometimes just gets in the way of having fun. Right now, I should be writing my last test for the semester (and then it's exams YAY! - sarcasm) but I have had this lingering thought for so long that right now it is bubbling over and I know I won't be able to focus until I put it out into the internet-universe like a true millennial. Life is hard. Life is effing hard. Ok I'm done bye! Jokes. I love stories. I love reading stories. I love hearing stories. I love watching stories. I love telling stories. I believe that everyone has a story to tell. The stories that I gravitate towards are 'rags to riches stories' or stories about how people had to suffer to get to their next level of success. It motivates me to strive for more in my life. It's almost like 'the grinding porn'. It's addictive. I NEED to hear stories like that on the...

End of the year...

Dahlings How are you? I'm fine thanks. The end of the year has literally snuck up on me. I did not expect it at all. AT ALL. I still can't believe that when I write the date tomorrow it will be 01/12/2018. If time sprints as quickly as it has been then day after tomorrow I will be writing 01/01/2019. Yup, it's Friday night and I'm home alone. I am still at war within myself because I feel like I should be out there playing with other kids, making the pots to happen and meeting new people, etc. The plans I had were cancelled and I said "Thank you Lord" because I LOVE being home on a Friday night. I feel like I can really decompress from the hectic week. But I digress.... Have you ever felt like change is happening atmospherically but in the physical realm nothing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is happening. I've been feeling for quite some time that I need to prepare myself for big changes. I feel like the changes are gonna be everywhere. Big changes. Good cha...